Monday, October 24, 2005

Hey, I'm sane, again... No, wait, I'm insane...


I get mail...

Anonymous said... "I just read your 'I seem sane' post, and find it fascinating how you fall into the same traps that you state your respondant fell into..."

Thanks for your comment... While I don't really want to respond to your remarks point by point I can't keep myself from jotting down a few off the cuff reactions...

I will say that the Left does a fine job of defining the Right as the FAR RIGHT. I don't think I have to regurgitate those differences for your benefit. By the way, my entire point is about imbalance in perception. My remarks regarding the Right were basically a couple or 3 examples of what Conservatives would like... de-fund the Left, impose balance on union political spending, and reduce Pork [at the word "PORK" I hyperlinked to this: http://truthlaidbear.com/porkbusters.php ]. They take on everybody there equally for PORK.

Conservatives dislike the bizarre spending of the Bush White House and Congress as you'll see if you take this next link to the National Review online blog... VERY annoyed with Bush over MANY things...some I agree with, others, I don't...just like a real person... http://corner.nationalreview.com/ READ them regularly for balance... I read plenty of so-called LEFT leaning sites...
I similarly hyperlink to this: http://www.slate.com/?id=2126913&nav=tap2/ which I mention in passing since as you seem to have ignored my "not every Lefty is a LEFTIST" introduction, you may have skipped this link as well...

We all seem to know who the bogeymen from the RIGHT are... you need to see a few from the other neighborhood.

Finally, I think you are way too anxious to find fault with my remarks and have failed to review them as thoughtfully as you think you did. For example you quote me as saying that the Left is "spend, spend, spend... etc." when I say no such thing. Other than mentioning the Leftist penchant for supporting extremist groups without checking their backgrounds see this link again: http://www.slate.com/?id=2126913&nav=tap2/, my only specific remark about the Left is regarding the reaction to Katrina and the lack of horror at the 35,000 deaths [see this link: http://www.earth-policy.org/Updates/Update29.htm] in one month from a European heatwave. I was in Europe at the time and recall the complete lack of concern for those deaths on either side of the Atlantic.

Which DO you remember, by the way, the hurricane hysteria or the genocidal heatwave?

Look again, check out the links and remember, it's my opinion of what I experience and that's all I'm writing about.
Clearly, the extremes of all political stripes get way too much attention.

Finally, exactly what do you think of Barbecue? Some folks think it's just Pork. Others include Beef, Poultry, Game and Vegetables. Where do you come out?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BBQ is the best and transcends any political belief system. It's all about the meat.

Aloha,

Jeff

Malu Herrera said...

thanks for visit my blog... have a nice weekend...